Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Russian Doll parade.

I was all inspired by Morgan Wills babushkas, and I knew I would find some other lovely babushka makers if I looked hard enough...so I did, and I did!

Each one of these sweet hand screen printed babushka brooches by English designer Carolyn Dulko is a bit different. You can buy them here and I do declare they would be the most affordable little goodies on all of etsy. I must admit I only remembered these brooches were in Frankie magazine after reading Carolyn's blog. .....off I run to get issue 35 of Frankie, oh yes sure enough, there is one on page 24.
I was alerted to these hand painted"Adam and Eve" babushka dolls by hole in my pocket, via Pamela at Thatch and Burrow.The set includes Adam, Eve, Cain, Able, Seth, and my favorites, the Snake and the Apple.
They are painted by Allistair J Burt , one half of Scottish duo Hole in my Pocket, who have been working together on a range of projects in the realms of art and architecture since 2002.
I am a big fan of Schmooks (aka Claire Cimbora) fantastic illustrations. These fancy Babushkas capture the signature big eyed innocence of all Schmooks characters.
I met Claire at the Handmade Market in Canberra (her home town) and as well as drooling over her prints, I was very tempted by her wonderful jewellery. I think she's having a giveaway on Facebook right now! Who could not want one of these.....

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 17, 2010

    I also happened to have blogged about Russian dolls this week! Every week I blog a collection of items made by sellers on Folksy (the English version of Etsy)and this week I happened to pick a Russian Doll theme! The post is over here: http://junkychicken.wordpress.com/2010/07/15/folksy-fhursday-russian-dolls/ if you'd like to see even more babushka makers! One of my finds is actually another doll set by 'Hole in my pocket'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I'm in love with the adam and eve set! So fab!

    ReplyDelete